Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wow Wednesday

It's been awhile since I have done a wow Wednesday, and I think today is a great day for it to make an appearance on my blog. 


Today I'm featuring Shoe Marks by Karen Vance Hammond, someone I call friend. We have chatted online, messaged each other, and talked on the phone, but that's not the reason I want to feature her on my blog. It's because of her amazing paranormal Shoe Marks. We had swapped links and I blew her off on a few occasions, but finally bought her book. I could talk at length about what Karen has overcome, but I want to wholly focus on the book Shoe Marks. Oh did I mentions that Shoe Marks was a #1 bestseller at her publisher Synergy? 



An unsuspecting young family moves into their dream house or is it? The realtor left out an important detail like that it's haunted! When they first came to the house the door mysteriously opened before Jeremy even inserted the key. 




Excerpt:

After the kids came home from school, Laura grabbed a knife off the kitchen table, opening a cardboard box. Inside, she smiled as she lifted Meredith and Robert’s baby books. She pulled back the kitchen drapes, watching her children play with a ball and stick. She couldn’t believe how fast time had flown since they were born. 


Inserting the baby books in the living room bookshelf, she smiled back at her sweet baby, who slept soundly in his playpen, and covered him up with his blue-and-white blanket. 


“Mama, Mama, Mama.” Laura cocked her head to one side. She thought she heard Meredith calling her, and once again she pulled back the drape. She could see Meredith and Robert playing down by the pond. Then she heard the small child’s voice again: “Mama, Mama, Mama."

Knowing she and James Collin were alone in the house, she felt sweat bead on her upper lip and forehead. Her chest tightened, with her heart pounding out of control. Laura closed her eyes, taking deep breaths. Try to ignore it, she said to herself. She cut her eyes toward the stairs as she heard the child’s voice again. “Mama, Mama, come here Mama."


My take

This is not my usual genre, but I must say that this story is so riveting that it will hook you from page one. It sure did me. I highly recommend Shoe Marks for anyone that loves a good scare or for those that don't. It's just a great book and would make one heck of a great movie. Thanks Karen for writing Shoe Marks and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Please check out Karen at Synergy, Amazon, Smashwords or check out her website.

I messed up some of the quotation marks, and take the blame ~ Madison

No comments: